Welcome to my first of many themed mix-tape lists. First up, are my top 5 commercial songs featured in film.
1. Scatman John – Skatman – in Nothing to lose
See Tim Robbins dancing around to this song like a loon, after finding a spider crawling on him. You’ll be snorting in laughter along with an onscreen Martin Lawrence, before you can even say “Ski ba da bada bop. Ba da bada bop.”
2. Sonny and Cher – I got you babe- in Groundhog Day
How does one NOT get this song stuck in their head after this movie? Hilarious, day after day, after day, after day….
3. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody- in Wayne’s world
My sister and I make it a necessity to head-bang in the car (Or anywhere, really) to this song anytime it comes on the radio.
4. Diana King – I say a little prayer – in My best friends wedding
What a great sing-along moment this is. The soundtrack has three completely different versions for you to choose your own personal karaoke rendition from.
5. Harry Belafonte – Day-O (The banana boat song) – in Beetlejuice
If only all of the undead made life so fun. Gosh.