Sometimes life stresses us out to the point of no return. We all know this feeling.
But when one reaches that point, it is so important to take a step back and just appreciate the little things that you have going for you.
The more amazing little things (no matter how small) you bring to your attention, the better you’ll feel.
In the past week alone, I have felt betrayed, over-worked, depressed, cheated, over-whelmed and worried.
But my logical brain-mush has gotten me to realize that there is no sense in stressing myself out over the faults of others. I’ve done my best, I make mistakes, and karma will take care of wrong-doers for me. In the meantime, I am going to revel in the little successes I accomplish on a daily basis.
Give yourself a pat on the back from now, because today is going to be a great day. Ok?
Small successes that totally count on your road to worry-free-ness-ness: (Yes, that is a word.) (No it isn’t.) (Hey, bootylicious is now in the Oxford dictionary…)
1. When you accomplish more in 2 hours, than you normally would in a full day. Aaah – well done, me. You are awesome.
2. When something you’ve been dreading, gets cancelled. Oh yes. Now I can sit in my pajamas and watch some back-to-back New Girl episodes.
3. When you find money in your pocket. It’s only 10 bucks… but I’M RICH!
4. When you go for a haircut. Shiniiing, gleamiiiing, streamiiiing, flaxennn, waxennn.
5. When you think of your upcoming vacation plans. YEEEEEEESSSSS. And then you creepily google map street view the entrance of your hotel…
IT MAKES ME HAPPY OK.
6. When you wake up to rainy weather on a Saturday morning. Back to sleep. Ohhh yeahhh.
7. When you realize that it is FRIDAY. Holy moly, yes.
In conclusion: Take a few moments and point out the awesome things that have happened to you this week. Then straighten your wig, put on some lipstick and tell your stresses to sashay the fuck away.